Listed below are the answers to our most commonly asked questions.
- Q: Are there ever any upgrade or maintenance fees?
No way! Our hosted solution is continually being improved, so all upgrades and improvements are available to you automatically.
- Q: Can we keep our current website address?
Absolutely. We’ll help you redirect your domain name to your new site so your customers can continue to find you at the same web address as before.
- Q: Do we have to move our email service, too?
No–it’s usually easiest to keep using the email service you currently have. But if you do need email service then we recommend Gmail (a free Google service) and are happy to help you set it up.
- Q: Do we need to have a hosting account for our site?
No. Our website solution is completely hosted with a premier server provider. So there is no need for you to maintain additional website hosting.
- Q: How does having a website save us money? Won’t having a website just create more work for me?
Great question. For starters, a professional website gives your customers 24/7 access to your forms and reports, rates and policies, alerts, news and conservation tips, and bill payment information. By making all this information available online, you increase customer satisfaction and minimize the support calls you receive. Also, if you’re able to post certain documents online instead of sending them out by mail, then the money you save on postage alone will often pay for your website many times over. Furthermore, offering online bill payments (optional) helps streamline your collections. These are just a few ways.
- Q: How exactly do I make edits to my site?
- Q: How much does a utility website cost? Do you have lower or higher priced options?
All sites come with the same features, but you do have a choice in subscription plans. For instance, you can save more money with our Annual Plan. There’s also a nominal, one-time set up fee for each site. Please see our Pricing page for complete information.
- Q: How much will it cost us to offer Online Bill Pay?
Online Bill Pay feature is usually free to set up, yet there are some nominal credit card merchant/transaction provider fees in order to offer and maintain the service. That said, you have choices about how you wish to subsidize the costs or pass them through to your customers. Our Online Bill Pay partner will help guide you through the options. Please see our Online Bill Payment page for more information.
- Q: How reliable is your hosting? Will our website be secure and backed up regularly?
Our servers reside in state-of-the-art fiber optic network operations centers and have redundant, high-speed connections to the Internet backbone. All your data is secure and all files are backed up on a daily basis. Our platform and customer sites are stored with a premier hosting provider. In the event of a power outage, backup generators and uninterruptible power supplies are in place to ensure seamless service for you and your customers. As a result, we are able to provide a 99.9% uptime guarantee for your website.
- Q: How soon will our site be ready?
Once you subscribe and submit your brief Utility Profile, your site will be launched within two business days from the time we receive your profile. Is that fast enough for ya? Please note that Online Bill Pay requires a separate agreement plus an additional 3-4 weeks to get set up.
- Q: I don’t know the first thing about setting up a website. How exactly do I get started?
That’s okay, you won’t believe how simple we’ve made it for you! To get your website, click “Sign Up” at the top, choose your subscription plan, and complete the payment form. Then, submit the brief Utility Profile. The whole process takes about 5 minutes or less.
- Q: Is this too good to be true? How can you afford to charge so little for your service AND to provide unlimited customer support?
We love hearing that question Frankly, since we worked hard to anticipate the utility needs and make our platform so easy to use, our customers actually have little to no need for additional support. That said, we are always here 24/7/365 to help with anything you need.
- Q: What if I already have online billing through another provider?
Not a problem—We’ll link your new site to your existing bill payment provider at no extra charge.
- Q: What if I need help with my site?
We provide unlimited customer support. Just call us at 1-888-551-4815 or email us any time. We’re here to help!
- Q: What if we already have a website but would like to move it?
That’s great! We’ll show you how easy it is to move your info to your new RWI website, or we’ll even do it for you at no extra charge.
- Q: What if we decide to cancel?
We understand that peace of mind is important, so we made that easy, too. If at any time you wish to cancel your account, simply contact us and let us know. We will cancel your account and you won’t be billed ever again.
- Q: When I need extra help making a change to my website, where do I go?
From your private Client Dashboard, click the “HELP” button to access our online HELP SECTION. Or, you always have the option of contacting us via email or phone and we’re very glad to help.
- Q: Will I be able to add my own photos to my website?
Certainly. Photos, forms, documents, web links… you can have it all. Step-by-step instructions are located in your Client Dashboard.
- Q: Will it require any special skill for me to maintain my site?
No. We’ve made it extremely easily for you to make updates, our online “Help” section is there for you, and we also provide unlimited customer support free of charge.
- Q: Will our customers be able to pay their water bill online on our new website?
Yes, they can if you elect to offer Online Bill Payment as a service. Simply contact us or make sure to request Online Bill Payment information as you sign up. Check out our Online Bill Payment page for related information.
- Q: Does my Utility really need a website? After all, many of our customers don’t even use the internet.
While that may be true now, the world is rapidly changing. As high-speed internet service continues to expand into rural areas, more and more of your customers will prefer to go online for utility information and/or to pay their bills. So at the very least, having a public website also allows you to post up-to-date information and can even help your utility to maintain compliance.
What our customers say…
"Purchasing our website from RWI is the single BEST decision I’ve made in the 3 years I’ve been here!! Again, thank you for having such an outstanding product, at such an affordable price. You have made my life so much easier on a day-to-day basis."
- Lori Steffek, Office Manager
Fayette County WCID-Monument Hill & Monument Hill Property Owners Association